[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - Re: Slow consumer is blocking producer

PoonamAgarwal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 24 13:14:01 EST 2009

Sorry gaohoward,

I do not have a performance test to reproduce this. I reproduce this manually.

1. Are you sending 40k messages inside a loop in TopicExample.
I mean do you do createConnection before you publish every message or are you re-using the connection object before you publish every message.
 I had tried caching these objects but did not get any improvement.
Is it possible for you to send me the modified version of the TopicExample?

2. Another difference  I have is : I am using

session.createObjectMessage(). Is this making the publish process slow?
I have custom objects to be send in messages. Does the message type really matter?

I am still puzzled with one fact, if I comment the processing logic of each message then the whole process gets faster. I invoke some session beans to do some calculations on receiving each message.

Any help is appreciated.

-Poonam.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267373#4267373

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267373