[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Groovy in Script activity works, but lang attribute seems to

bgoetzmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 25 04:54:53 EST 2009

After some search, I've found how to proceed. The class to use is org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineFactory.

- I added this declaration (in bold) in the jbpm.cfg.xml:

<script-manager default-expression-language="groovy"
                    default-script-language="groovy">
      <script-language name="juel" factory="org.jbpm.pvm.internal.script.JuelScriptEngineFactory" />
      <script-language name="groovy" factory="org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineFactory" />
    </script-manager>

- You have to have the groovy-all-....jar in your libs

So you use Groovy in a script activity; for example:

  <script name="display hello world" lang="groovy"
          expr="println 'Salut !'">

But with some test, I see that the lang attribute value is not take in account; and the only way to have Groovy to be executed is to set it as default as I do it above in script-manager XML element.

Is it a bug?

Cheers,

Bertrand.

"bgoetzmann" wrote : Hello,