[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Unreasonable Problems with deployed EJBs

crazy_bytes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 27 04:29:43 EST 2009

HI,

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this topic, if not may an admin be so kind and move it to the right spot.

Recently I have unexpected problems with my JBoss. I am currently running 2 JBoss AS 4.2.3 GA in a clustered environment. There are about 200 EJBs deployed. About 80 - 90% are still EJB 2.0 the remaining beans are EJB 3.0. All beans are Stateless.

Both JBosses are starting up fine with no errors. But when I try to start one of my applications and a bean gets instanced I sometimes encounter the following exception:

09:24:01,137 ERROR [AllowedOperationsAssociation] getCallerPrincipal should not be access from this bean method: IN_EJB_CREATE, allowed is [IN_EJB_TIMEOUT, IN_BUSINESS_METHOD, IN_SERVICE_ENDPOINT_METHOD]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: getCallerPrincipal should not be access from this bean method: IN_EJB_CREATE
	at org.jboss.ejb.AllowedOperationsAssociation.assertAllowedIn(AllowedOperationsAssociation.java:158)
	at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionEnterpriseContext$SessionContextImpl.getCallerPrincipal(StatelessSessionEnterpriseContext.java:221)
	at com.acme.business.article.sessionBean.ArticleManagementEJB.sendError(ArticleManagementEJB.java:4044)
	at com.acme.business.article.sessionBean.ArticleManagementEJB.ejbCreate(ArticleManagementEJB.java:257)
	at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionEnterpriseContext.(StatelessSessionEnterpriseContext.java:78)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstancePool.create(StatelessSessionInstancePool.java:49)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractInstancePool.get(AbstractInstancePool.java:184)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invokeHome(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:95)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invokeHome(CallValidationInterceptor.java:56)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:125)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:350)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invokeHome(TxInterceptorCMT.java:161)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invokeHome(SecurityInterceptor.java:145)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invokeHome(LogInterceptor.java:132)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CleanShutdownInterceptor.invokeHome(CleanShutdownInterceptor.java:212)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invokeHome(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:107)
	at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvokeHome(SessionContainer.java:637)
	at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:981)
	at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
	at org.jboss.invocation.unified.server.UnifiedInvokerHA.invoke(UnifiedInvokerHA.java:148)
	at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:809)
	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:608)
	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:420)
	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:173)

What confuses me even more is that after I restarted the servers a few times without changing anything, the problem just disappears. One restart later the problem returns.

And it isn't always the same EJB (in the exception above it is the Stateless session bean ArticleManagement), the problem occurs radomly in the existing beans, no matter if it is a session bean or an entity bean.

The beans have bean running for about 3 to 4 years without changes or having any problems.

Has anybody an idea for the cause of this?

Thanks and Regards,
CB

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267735#4267735

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267735