[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Migration to Jboss 4.05

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 5 05:32:27 EDT 2009

"nikhil_chidgopkar" wrote : Hi,
  | I have requirement of migrating a project from tomcat 5.5.28 to jboss 4.05 .

Any specific reason, you want to migrate to an older version of JBoss? The latest stable 4.x version of JBoss AS is 4.2.3 GA.

"nikhil_chidgopkar" wrote :

  | In the tomcat there are folder like "common" and "shared" which contains some project specific  jar file which needs to be loaded.
  |
  | Is there similar functionality in jboss 4.05 (Have seen it in jboss-5.0.0.GA version).

Project specific jar files are always recommended to be packaged within the application. But since you say that:

"nikhil_chidgopkar" wrote :
  | I don’t have an option of re-bundling wars.

The next best thing to do would be place these jars in the JBOSS_HOME/server/< servername>/lib folder.

"nikhil_chidgopkar" wrote :
  | I tried to place all the jars in the JBOSS_HOME\server\default\lib folder ,but still it doesn’t work.

What doesn't work? Please provide the exact details including any relevant stacktrace.

While posting logs or xml content or code, please remember to wrap it in a code block by using the Code button in the message editor window. Please use the Preview button to ensure that your post is correctly formatted.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258607#4258607

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4258607