[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - "Application Scope" in EJB project?

mwx.dennis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 5 10:07:52 EDT 2009

In my project, Application clients access a JBoss AS via RMI.
Each client is assigned to a specific category, but only one client per category is allowed at the same time (so there may be mutliple clients connected to the AS simultaneously, but only one of each category).

How do I implement this? In a non-EJB environment I'd use synchronized login/logout methods which manage a flag for each category. But both synchronization and an application-like scope are unavailable in EJBs, right?

The obvious solution would be to have a database remember the login state and handle the concurrency issue. However, this seems a bit of an overkill and so far I do not need a database and I'd love to keep it like that.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258678#4258678

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4258678