[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Install JBoss

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 5 11:53:14 EDT 2009

I have not used JBoss Developer Studio (JDS) 2.1 Portfolio Edition, so I cannot say which one is better.

It is my understanding that JDS is geared towards building applications with the corresponding JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP). Thus if you want to use EAP and a development environment that has tight integration with it, then use JDS. Whihc means you are stuck using that version fo EAP, and thus the version of JBoss AS on which is is based.

If you want to use the latest and greatest version of JBoss AS, stick with the latest Eclipse and the latest JBoss Tools.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258698#4258698

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4258698