[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Diff response times at different times

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 5 12:38:34 EDT 2009

The time data is all on the X axis. Either you have not set up a second scale for the Y axis for that data (don't ask me how to do this, I'm not a Excel expert), or you have not provided a high enough factor (I cover this in my description of building the chart, using a factor of 10000 or 100000, depending on the pause-time ranges). [I really need to come up with new scripts that plot the pause time ranges for minor and major collections... Yet another task to do in copious spare time.] Also, look at the pause times for the full collections and give me an idea of what their ranges are.

Yes, CMS is the Concurrent Mark-Sweep collector.

Regarding the 500 users in the SLA - is that logged in users, or simultaneous active requests? I ask because in general you can figure about 1 active request for every 10 logged-in users.

Is there any think time in your load testing script?

I still think you need to go with the higher memory settings.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258702#4258702

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4258702