[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Users] - how to use catalog files in jbossws?

smartz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 5 22:24:13 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a WSDL that imports an external schema using a URL:

  | <wsdl:types>
  | 	<xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://www.foobar.com/SimpleService/">
  | 		<xsd:import namespace="http://www.foobar.com/SimpleService/Schema"
  | 			schemaLocation="http://127.0.0.1:9090/SimpleService/Schema"></xsd:import>
  | 	</xsd:schema>
  | </wsdl:types>

The URL (127.0.0.1:9090) is not available while consuming the WSDL (wsconsume/wsimport), nor at runtime.

I would like to avoid editing the WSDL, so I have created a catalog file (see below) and I am able to run wsconsume/wsimport correctly using the 'catalog' ant attribute; however, I cannot understand how to provide the catalog file in the runtime environment (deployed WAR/EAR).

I have tried putting the catalog file in META-INF and WEB-INF, but it does not seem to be picked.

I am running JBoss 4.2.3 with JBossWS jbossws-3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA

Catalog file (jax-ws-catalog.xml):

  | <catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"
  | 	prefer="system">
  | 	<system
  | 		systemId="http://127.0.0.1:9090/SimpleService/Schema"
  | 		uri="../wsdl/SimpleService.xsd" />