[jboss-user] Outgoing SSL from a web-app

David Sharp dsharp02 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:44:50 EDT 2009

I have a web application deployed to JBoss that works fine.  However I
cannot seem to find instructions explaining how to tell JBoss which
truststore file to use for outgoing SSL connections.  My web app needs
to call a web service that is using a self-signed certificate.  I've
created a truststore file and imported the certificate, however I
can't get JBoss to actually use it.

All of the instructions on the web describe how to configure JBoss to
accept incoming SSL connections, however none seem to address my
problem.  I have modified jboss-web.deployer/server.xml to add a
connector as follows:

    <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="${jboss.server.home.dir}/conf/server.keystore"
               keystorePass="password"
               truststoreFile="${jboss.server.home.dir}/conf/server.truststore"
               truststorePass="password"
               />

However I suspect that this is only used when accepting incoming
connections, not when making outgoing web service calls.

I would appreciate any help anyone could provide with this issue.

Thanks,
Dave