[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: JBPM4.1, JBoss 4.23 and Seam 2.2.0

jjp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 8 02:36:49 EDT 2009

Hi drivexcite,

Seam 2.2 does not support pageflow with jBPM 4.1, but they are working together.
You can use jBPM 3 and 4 in parallel.

Your exception is because you replaced the jbpm-jpdl.jar, so Seam can not find jBPM3.
So leave this jar file, or disable jBPM for Seam in components.xml by removing

<bpm:jbpm />

I disabled jBPM3 in my application and the server is starting up,
I can use jBPM.

My problem is, that jBPM and Seam are using two different Hibernate sessions,
so I can not store my entities as jBPM variables (jBPM does not recognize my class as entity, so it serialises it as a blob).

I the first post I described my attempt to solve this. It's working,
but some transaction does not commit ... I think I have to take
the  warning "Can not join ..." seriously.

In my further investigation I figured out, that jBPM is using
JTA Transactions and my Application uses CMT Transactions.
My knowledge about this is not that good.
I will have to do more analyses.

Best regards,
Joerg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259281#4259281