[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Users] - Confused about POJO service

karypid do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 8 06:40:14 EDT 2009

Hello,

The new mc is probably the most feature-rich container out there. You can roll with anything from POJOs to MBeans. However, I am a little confused due to the multitude of options. My predicament is this:

I want to create a service to be deployed in JBoss. Until recently, I'd create a SAR and launch my thread in start(), then kill it in stop() of my MBean. I do this at deployment/undeployment time, so I do not really need the JMX features to control the service. Therefore I want to turn it into a POJO service and remove dependencies on MBean classes. How would you go about packaging such a POJO service so that:

1) it may be included in an EAR (The SAR approach requires that an MBean be defined in jboss-service.xml so it is no longer an option)

2) it executes on application startup / shutdown

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259323#4259323

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4259323