[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - [jbpm4] Move execution to arbitrary activity

luca.tagliani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 8 12:13:30 EDT 2009

Hi all,
  I'm trying to move the execution of a processInstance to an arbitrary activity.

I'm using the following code:

        org.jbpm.api.ProcessDefinition processDefinition = repositoryService.createProcessDefinitionQuery().processDefinitionName("processTest").uniqueResult();
  |         ExecutionService executionService = processEngine.getExecutionService();
  |         ProcessInstance instance = executionService.startProcessInstanceByKey("processTest");
  |         String newName = "Verified";
  |         Activity newActivity = ((ProcessDefinitionImpl) processDefinition).getActivity(newName);
  |         ExecutionImpl execution = (ExecutionImpl) instance;
  |         if (newActivity != null) {
  |             ((ExecutionImpl) execution).setActivity(newActivity);
  |         }

but when I then signal the execution, the activity ran is not the one I've yet set, but the old one.

I've also tried to use

execution.moveTo(activity);

but with the same result.

It seems that the change is not persisted on the DB....

Is it a bug or am I making any mistake?

BR

Luca Tagliani

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259417#4259417