[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - Re: Buddy replication - initial state transfer after node re

RichardTaylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 12 14:38:19 EDT 2009

After some basic testing with 3 nodes, I don't immediately see the same issue.  It seems to do a good job of reorganizing the buddy relationships any time a 3rd node comes online.  It typically creates a nice ring where each node only has one buddy.  Sounds like the issue might not exist when there are more than 2 nodes as a result of this reshuffle?

With the FD_SOCK, I assume that you're implying that server A never recognized that server B went away and came back, hence continued normal (delta) replication instead of calling "AssignToBuddyGroupCommand"?  That would make sense.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259938#4259938

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4259938