[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - Slow consumer is blocking producer

PoonamAgarwal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 14 03:58:44 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am using Jboss 4.2.0 and JBoss Messaging 1.4.4.
I am facing a performance issue.
I am using 1 publisher and 1 subscriber to a Topic.
I am trying to post 36000 messages to the topic from the producer.
The subscriber(consumer) takes each message and does some processing.
But, what I have observed is that the publisher is slow in posting messages on the topic. If I comment out the processing code on the consumer(MessageListener) , just print the received message, then I see the postToTopic becomes fast.

I was of the view that Jboss Messaging is asynchronous.  but, the above observation shows that a consumer is blocking producer which is like a synchronous call.
I have tried to make Slow Consumer true and also increasing the pre-fetchsize but, nothing seems to make it faster. My framework performance is kinda disturbed bcoz of this behaviour.

Can somebody help me to solve this problem please?

-Poonam.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4260232#4260232

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4260232