[jboss-user] [JCA] - Re: Oracle Failover connection url

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 14 09:21:00 EDT 2009

"born_free_77" wrote :
  | if I use
  |
  |   | <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@(description=(address_list=(load_balance=on)(failover=on)(address=(protocol=tcp)(h
  |   | ost=xxxxhost1)(port=1521))(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=xxxxhost2)(port=1521)))(connect_data=(service
  |   | _name=xxxxsid)(failover_mode=(type=select)(method=basic))))</connection-url>
  |   |
  | then jboss complains that url-delimiter is not povided. I did use the same url when using  </local-tx-datasource> but this still does not gives me failover.

You have not defined the delimiter and if you using this in ha datasource type configuration things will not move as the configuration is wrong.
Just use non ha datasource and with this url, that is the way to go and it seems to be working for you.

anonymous wrote :
  | Whats the difference between  <local-tx-datasource> and  <ha-local-tx-datasource>?

Read this
http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r5/html/ch7.chapt.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4260300#4260300

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4260300