[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Can't undeploy without restarting jboss.

ironosity do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 14 13:03:57 EDT 2009

First a little background.  I'm running 5.0.1.  I have multiple EARs deployed on a single instance.  Because this is a test environment it is important that each engineer be able to deploy/undeploy without restarting the server so as not to interfere with other's work.

I need to be able to undeploy from an ant script on a remote machine.  From what I've read that should be fine since undeploying JBoss is as simple as deleting the directory (EAR or WAR in this case).  The problem is that the directory can't be deleted since windows complains that a file is "open" or "in use."

After looking into it the file that is in use is located at
 JBOSS_HOME\server\default\deploy\app.ear\app.war\WEB-INF\lib\app.jar.
It makes sense to me that this file is in use since it contains all the class files for our web application.  So how do you undeploy from jboss while it's running such that this directory (app.ear) can be replaced (deleted/created again)?

I tried undeploying through JMX console and it still states this file is in use.  Any ideas?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4260362#4260362

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4260362