[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - Running JBoss Cache independent of Java application?

darmour do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 14 13:35:57 EDT 2009

Hi

We are working on an old Java application (non-container based) that is now loading 100s of MB of data into hashtables and running out of memory.  One thing we need to do is move this data out of the JVM but have it accessible to it.

When running JBoss Cache – can it be used in a way that it runs in it’s own memory space independent of the Java application JVM?  How is it accessed if it can run in it’s own memory space?

Thanks in advance.

David Armour
Wisconsin Department of Transportation

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4260370#4260370