[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Address already in use, despite following FAQ.

dmjones500 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 15 05:00:40 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm really struggling to figure out why I occasionally cannot start JBOSS due to port 1098 being in use.

I've followed the http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/DebugBindException and have done a fair amount of Googling, but to no avail.

I have done the following:

* used netstat, TCPView and FPort to try and identify the process using the port.  Unfortunately it does not show anything listening on 1098;
  | * used the ReservedPorts registry value to attempt to reserve ports 1024-49151.

I'm at a loss.  Most people who encounter this problem seem to use netstat and discover the culprit instantly.

I would be incredibly grateful for any suggestions anyone has.

Thanks in advance,

Duncan Jones

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4260469#4260469

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4260469