[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - jboss 5.1.0/railo 3.1.1 context problem?

tim.clarke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 15 06:35:05 EDT 2009

Getting a message "Document base /usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/
default/deploy/railo/WEB-INF/web.xml does not exist or is not a
readable directory" whenever I place my railo files in my jboss deploy
folder. Any ideas please? Details below.

details:

On Fedora 11 I've deployed jboss successfully in /usr/local/jboss - it
starts without errors and presents the management page on :8080.
That's great; easy and quick.

Simply dropping the railo.war file into "(jbossroot)/server/default/
deploy/" yields "Failed to create a new SAX parser" - I cured that by
exploding the .war and removing the conflicting jars.

I am now trying to deploy by copying the tree forming the exploded
railo war contents to "(jbossroot)/server/default/deploy/railo/". All
files/folders in the jboss folder tree and railo folder tree are owned
jboss:jboss with rights 664/775. Pertinent stuff (I think?) from railo/
WEB-INF/web.xml file is:

<web-app>
        <display-name>Railo</display-name>

                <servlet-name>CFMLServlet</servlet-name>
                CFML runtime Engine
                <servlet-class>railo.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet</
servlet-class>
                <init-param>
                      <param-name>configuration</param-name>
                      <param-value>/WEB-INF/railo/</param-value>
                      Configuraton directory</
description>
                </init-param>

But I've been struggling to work out what that all means. The error
message "Document base ... does not exist or is not a readable
directory" isn't helping me - I haven't set a document base parameter?
Help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4260495#4260495

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4260495