[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: Sending e-mails with mail tasks

sebastian.s do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 16 03:41:26 EDT 2009

Good morning,

I was out of luck and I did not find a solution. According to my Google search the exception javax.mailNoSuchProviderException: smtp can be thrown in a various cases:

* There is no mail.jar on the classpath or no smtp.jar. But this is not the case because mail.jar is on the classpath. Furthermore according to the javamail documentation mail.jar includes smtp.jar normally and you either use mail.jar packed with all the stuff needed or single jars like mailapi.jar and smtp.jar.

* There are several copies of the files described above in the classpath and they are of different versions. But I could not find more than one mail.jar.

To verify there are no problems with the jars and Tomcat I created a web application which just sends out an email using javamail and I deployed it to the server. This worked without a problem.

I don't know jBPM sends e-mails from mail tasks. The javamail tutorial looks up a JavaMail Session via JDNI. For my test I just used Session.getDefaultInstance(). So maybe it is something related with this?

Any hints?

I think I am going to report this as a bug or not, Ronald?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4260686#4260686

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4260686