[jboss-user] [Clustering] - Re: JGroups timing call inomalities

axelerator do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 19 13:07:36 EDT 2009

Hi Brian,

thanks. That's a good lookout. Also I tested the setup and AS started without any itches and behaved pretty much normally.
What I'm nevertheless a bit curious about is the use of synchronous RPC calls (callMethodOnCoordinator) with regards to performance and timings.
Since we only use this method here, I'm a bit worried that that's not the "preferred" way to interact. Can you confirm that?

I ask because as far as I know, callMethodOnCoordinator does use JGroups to actually get the master server. Since we only have timings here (especially if there are a lot of calls requesting the same object) by seeing a lot of threads in collectResponse I'm quite curious.

Also, does the JIRA ticket with regards to a AtomicBoolan instead of a ReentrantLock come into play if there are a lot the same calls around?

Best regards,

Axelerator

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4261110#4261110

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4261110