[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: [jBPM4] Synchronous process execution

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 19 20:07:54 EDT 2009

you call it a process, I call it a micro-flow... or orchestration or...  what's in a name. You could also you bpel or something else for this.

>From a nice article:

anonymous wrote : I already have a service execution pipeline, why do I need additional service orchestration mechanisms?

  | It might seem that that there is a lot of overlap between a service pipeline and service orchestration. In a nutshell, a service pipeline is a sequential orchestration of actions. The things that it does not support well, but are common orchestration requirements, are decisions, conditional transitions and parallel execution. Although technically you can do a lot these things as part of pipeline definition, it's not always easy. Our preference is to use a service pipeline for bringing together basic business functionality and additional infrastructure support, including data transformation, execution monitoring, etc and use jBPM for orchestration of these services.
  |
  | Additional consideration for this choice can be deployment requirements. If the same action(s) is used in a lot of cases, it might make sense to separate it (them) into a separate service so that it will be deployed only once and use jBPM for orchestration.

The full article is an interesting read, but yes, it still is debatable.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4261150#4261150

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4261150