[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - [jBPM4] Programatic deployment - DEPLOYPROP table is empty

DrBrain do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 20 04:45:38 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to programmatically deploy a process definition, using:
NewDeployment newDeployment = processEngine.getRepositoryService().createDeployment();
  | newDeployment.addResourceFromString(processName, processDefinition).deploy();

The above creates two entires in my db, in JBPM4_DEPLOYMENT and JBPM4_LOB tables (nothing else is created in any other table).

Later on, when I try to start an instance of the above process like:
ExecutionService executionService = processEngine.getExecutionService();
  | ProcessInstance pi = executionService.startProcessInstanceById(processID);

passing as 'processID' the value I obtained during deployment, I get:
org.jbpm.api.JbpmException: no process definition with id '15'.
(15 is my processID obtained during deployment).

Checking hibernate's queries, I see that jBPM is trying to execute:
select * from ( select deployment0_.DBID_ as DBID1_81_, deployment0_.DEPLOYMENT_ as DEPLOYMENT2_81_, deployment0_.OBJNAME_ as OBJNAME3_81_, deploym
  | ent0_.KEY_ as KEY4_81_, deployment0_.STRINGVAL_ as STRINGVAL5_81_, deployment0_.LONGVAL_ as LONGVAL6_81_ from JBPM4_DEPLOYPROP deployment0_ where deployment0_.KEY_='pdid' and deployment0_.STRINGVAL_='
  | 15' ) where rownum <= ?

The above query obviously fails as JBPM4_DEPLOYPROP is totally empty.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4261197#4261197

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4261197