[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Forcing a .war to load after a .ear

icordoba do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 25 08:59:36 EDT 2009

Hello,
I had several applications installed in JBoss 4 and had no problems with them. I had modified deployment sorter to make war file deploy after the corresponding ear file. For come reasons I need to have the war file outside the ear file, which only contains .jar files with EJBs. This was no problem for JBoss 4.

I am trying to migrate to JBoss 5. After some minor changes in code lookup, they work ok, but I cannot make war's to deploy after .ear when launching JBoss (When JBoss is runningI touch web.xml and they deploy OK)

I've read in several threads I can use "depends" tag in jboss-web.xml file. I've done it inserting there the JMX id of some EJBs.

	<depends>jboss.j2ee:ear=tuportal3.ear,jar=tuportal3.jar,name=PortalManager,service=EJB3</depends>

Then, I start JBoss and the war actually  loads after the ear, but it seems that the ear is not already fully loaded. I get the following error:

2009-10-25 13:46:36,195 ERROR [com.servengine.util.ServletContextUtils] (HDScanner) ServletContextUtils: RuntimeException:
  | org.jboss.ejb3.common.registrar.spi.NotBoundException: Object is bound at key jboss.j2ee:ear=tuportal3.ear,jar=tuportal3.jar,name=PortalManager,service=EJB3, but is not fully installed, instead of state: ControllerState at 1ba6b028{Start}

The id of the EJB (PortalManager) is right as when deploying the war manually (touching web.xml) it works ok.

Any ideas about what I am missing?

By the way. I cannot find the .ear it self when browsing jboss.deployment MBean in JMX Console. I just see an entry for every EJB. Is it possible to refer to the .ear itself some way in "depends" property in jboss-web.xml so my war does depend on the .ear and not on a particular EJB(s) in that ear?

thanks for any help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4262011#4262011

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4262011