[jboss-user] [JMX] - Question about queues / topics and MBeans

Tashtego do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 25 14:09:54 EDT 2009

Hi.

I am a bit new to message driven beans. Trying my first steps right now. I´ve already read the following articles:

http://activemq.apache.org/version-5-hello-world.html

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.express.doc/info/exp/ae/tmj_devcl.html

http://www.roseindia.net/ejb/example-of-messageBean.shtml

Now my wish would be to create a queue or topic within my application instead of having to create xml files which have to be placed into deploy folder as -service.xml files. Is this possible? How?

The JBoss Admin-Console tells me this:
Created Programmatically:  false

So it should be possible I guess. And what do MBeans have to do with this? I never programmed a MBean so far. What are those custom programmed MBeans good for? I know many services of JBoss run as modules (MBeans?). Is creating a queue another possible example for this?

thanks for any comments about this!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4262029#4262029

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4262029