[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - Re: @EJB: can it be used to look up a remote bean on another

ljnelson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 26 13:44:45 EDT 2009

Thanks for the reply.  It appears that that thread ends in a question.

I know that EJB 3.1 introduces the requirement that EJBs must be "mounted" in the global JNDI namespace.  But a JNDI name is within a Context.  So I still don't see how an @EJB reference could portably refer to an EJB mounted--globally or not--in a remote Context.  Perhaps that's the point of the thread you referenced?  Or perhaps your point is the opposite--i.e. that coupled with an absolute "corba:iiop" scheme (and a host? and a port?) one could fashion a reference that would be traversed reliably?

Kind of hard to tell; I hope you'll forgive my attempts here to read the tea leaves--a sentence or two about how I'm supposed to take that other thread would be heartily appreciated.

Thanks again for the link.

Best,
Laird

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4262247#4262247