[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: JBPM4: How to find leaving transitions of an execution

sebastian.s do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 29 10:14:31 EDT 2009

"nilspreusker" wrote : Hi, I just voted:)
Great. :)

"nilspreusker" wrote :
  | I think you are going in exactly the right direction. As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong!), information about how the user can interact with the process instance in jBPM 4 is currently meant to be provided with task forms. A reference implementation exists for the GWT console. However, I totally agree with what Sebastian stated earlier:
  |
  | anonymous wrote : If you want the user to make this decision you need this information and since it is supplied by the process definition it should be accessible trough the API.
  |
  | For use cases where no user input - other than a decision - is required, this would provide a very nice way to create dynamic user interfaces without the need for a custom task form implementation.

I might even face similar use cases right now. My thoughts right now are pretty much related to dynamic user interfaces. I especially don't like the idea of creating task specific forms for simple things like decisions where just want to the user to decide between "yes" and "no",  "A" and "B" etc.

"nilspreusker" wrote : And while we're at it, wouldn't it also be nice to be able to query the process instance for the process variables that will be required after a transition? ...but now I'm getting ahead of myself:)

I am not sure if this possible and if this would really make sense. Maybe you can explain your thoughts a bit more here.

"nilspreusker" wrote :
  | Anyway, I'm glad to see this discussion here!

Yes, me too. This might turn out be a discussion for the developers' forum. I'd love to hear one of the dev's on this. To me at first sight it seems as if this is a "quite simple" API extension which shouldn't break anything.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4262974#4262974

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4262974