[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - Cannot use @Depends in EJB depending on another EAR deployme

dode do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 2 06:08:54 EDT 2009

We have an @Service EJB3 deployed as EAR that does not only depend on a service, but also on classes provided by another EAR deployment.

We have declared the dependency using @Depends, but it seems that the annotation cannot take effect because already loading of the EJB class fails, since it uses classes provided by the other EAR which isn't deployed yet - a NoClassDefFoundError is thrown.

The only solution we have found so far is having the EJB EAR deployed after the other EAR by renaming it to something like "xxx...".

Is there another way to declare a dependency of an EJB3 to an EAR deployment than the @Depends annotation, i.e. by using some deployment descriptor like jboss.xml?
We actually tried the latter but failed on the fact that in EJB 2.1 there is nothing like a "service" enterprise bean.

We also tried to make the EJB an (X)MBean which has a dependency to the EAR deployment but that does not seem to affect the EJB - it is still deployed before the EAR it depends on.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Torsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253030#4253030