[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools Users] - How to create a JDBC connection

Oliver Roell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 2 10:50:51 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to use a JDBC-connection to a oracle-database in a simple web-application (only servlets & JSPs) with Eclipse 3.4.2 and JBoss Tools 3.

Is there a tutorial on the web how I can create a JDBC-connection with the JBoss Tools?

A few years ago I have used the chapter "Connecting to a real database" from the book "JBoss - A Developer's Notebook": Creating an oracle-ds.xml, deploying it under server/default/deploy and putting a datasource-tag within the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml file.
Is this still a valid approach or is this outdated with JBoss Tools 3?

I think I should use the "Data Source Explorer" and the "Database Connections" instead, but I have no clue how to do this.

Does exist an easy way to create a simple JDBC-connection for my DAO within a web-app?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253099#4253099

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4253099