[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - Qeustion on transactions and restarting the Server

mclu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 4 06:01:14 EDT 2009

Hi Howard!

I have problems to explain the following problem:
(JBM1.4 build 7798 with OderingGroup enabled via CF)
(But I think OG has nothing to do with it)

I have a consumer which get one message transacted like this

  | @Resource(mappedName="java:/JmsXA")
  | private ConnectionFactory cf;
  | Connection connection = cf.createConnection();
  | connection.start();
  | Session session = connection.createSession(true, Session.SESSION_TRANSACTED);
  | MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(m_queue);
  | Message msg = consumer.receive(20000);

Now I do the following:
- Message is received
- While I handle the message (in the transaction) i kill the Server (real kill)

After I restart my server my consumer will NOT get the same message again. It gets the next one.
If I look into the jbm_msg_ref I see one message
with Transaction_ID 41157221480464402 and state "-" and one entry in the tx table.
As I can see this message stays there forever.

Whats the problem or the reason here?
In my case this message must be retried again until the maxdeliverycount is reached and then the next must be delivered.
So in my case this scrambles my order.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253527#4253527

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4253527