[jboss-user] [MQ] - Client Not Processing Messages When Server Shutdown

rpezz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 4 11:38:53 EDT 2009

When JBoss 5.1.0 server is shutdown and restarted, new messages in a server queue (org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue) are not processed by the QueueReceiver on the client.

Here is a snippet of the client side code that waits for messages:

  | while (true) {
  | 	try {
  | 		log.debug("receiving message");
  | 		ObjectMessage message = (ObjectMessage) consumer.receive(QUEUE_WAIT_SECONDS * 1000);
  | 		if (message != null) {
  | 			log.debug("got a message");
  | 			return message;
  | 		} else {
  | 			log.debug("No message found for " + QUEUE_WAIT_SECONDS + " seconds");
  | 		}
  | 	} catch (InvalidDestinationException ide) {
  | 		log.error("Reply queue no longer exists");
  | 	} catch (Exception e) {
  | 		e.printStackTrace();
  | 		log.error(e);
  | 		throw e;
  | 	}
  | }

In the same scenario, JBoss 4 threw an exception. JBoss 5 does not, instead, we see the 'No message found...' log entry.

So for JBoss5, how does the queue receiver become aware of the server shutdown/startup?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253617#4253617

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4253617