[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - What are the advantages of Jboss compared to Glassfish

EUROKEY do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 11 05:22:09 EDT 2009

Hi let me first explain I don't want to start a flamewar i just want to know what Server ist best for me.

I developed a little Enterprise Application (War & EJB Container) and compered Glassfish & Jboss on my Machine.

The Application works well on both Server but there were huge difference on
Resource consumption.

Glassfish started more then 2 times faster.
Glassfish needs 170MB Disc Space JBoss 390MB
Glassfish took 150MB RAM after the start JBoss 390MB.

So i ask you why this big differnce? And why sould I use JBoss instead if Glassfish. I mean if there are advantages it could make sense.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254681#4254681

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254681