[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Installed JBoss 4.2.3.GA but can't get my server starte

mkanters do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 13 21:02:33 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone, I found some input in another post.  When I looked at the boot log I found an error "[Server] Failed to create xmbean for: org.jboss.system.server.ServerInfo" which led me to more posts that pointed back to the hosts file.  I found the hostname command that will tell the name of your computer (I didn't know what I.T. named it :p) and the following link helped with the rest.  http://www.lockergnome.com/linux/2004/10/20/using-the-etchosts-file/

One of the things you can do to help determine if the hosts file is your problem or not is to startup JBoss with the following command (found in another post).  "sh run.sh -c minimal" .  If this starts your JBoss server then it's a good chance that the host file is your problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254973#4254973

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254973