[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - jsp pages won't compile, servlets run fine

tjansto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 14 00:34:11 EDT 2009

evening folks,
i am migrating an application for jboss 4.x to jboss 5.1.  i have gotten most of the migration issues worked out, but am facing one i have not been able to locate an answer for.  we deploy an ear file that contains the core classes we use, and the after that a war file is deployed.  the war file contains a mixture of custom classes not found in the ear, some servlets, and some jsp pages.  when the servlets are accessed, all runs fine, but when trying to compile the jps pages, i get an error to the effect of "only a type can be imported a.b.c.d resolves to a package"  other posts indicate that that error resolves down to a class not found error, but i can't see why it isn't being located.  the servlet references to the exact same class, as i said, works fine.  i did make sure that the EARClassLoaderDeployer property "isolated" was set to"false", so it seems as though the classes should be available for both the servlets and the jsp pages.  any ideas of where to look?

again, thanks as always,
tom

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254980#4254980

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254980