[jboss-user] [Tomcat Integration] - JSP pre compilation vs. JBoss 5

pkx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 15 11:45:19 EDT 2009

Currently I try to run/deploy a war file in  JBoss AS 5.0.0.GA that contains pre-compiled JSPs. Unfortunately I get some strange errors, I don't get rid off. Below you can find some details about my activities. If anyone has an idea of the problem cause - I am very interested in the solution.

Best regards
pkx

1.) JSP pre compilation with jspc-maven-plugin:2.0.-alpha3 using tomcat6 compiler as described on http://mojo.codehaus.org/jspc/jspc-maven-plugin/usage.html.
--> resulting war file looks fine, JSP's and web.xml are all available
2.) JBoss AS deploys this war file successfully
3.) When the web application is accessed, a ClassNotFoundException is thrown:
 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jasper.runtime.AnnotationHelper from BaseClassLoader at 35b4548f{VFSClassLoaderPolicy at 521b93d4{name=vfszip:/Applications/jboss/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/mywar-1.5-SNAPSHOT.war
4.) If I add the missing classes to war file, the deployment of the web application fails.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255340#4255340

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255340