[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Scaling of a Seam app

jb0ssn00b do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 15 18:33:17 EDT 2009

Hello PeterJ,

 thank you very much for the quick reply and your advice!

"PeterJ" wrote :
  | 1) ... some standard benchmarking apps

are there specific benchmarking tools for Seam/RichFaces? which would you recommend?

"PeterJ" wrote :
  | 2) What transaction isolation level are you using? ... best with optimistic locking.

I have tried the setting 2 and versioning. Optimistic locking causes lost clicks of the item counter through overwriting.. Well, I should go with it to the Hibernate folks. But I have a feeling that my transactions (which equals in a default setup to a page load?) take too much time, therefore the conflicts.

"PeterJ" wrote :
  | 3) What min and max pool sizes did you specify in the *-ds.xml file? The default is 20.
I have tried different settings, from more than 20 to hundreds which I do not think to be optimal?.. Btw I used c3p0 settings in the persistence.xml

"PeterJ" wrote :
  | 5) What database are you using?

MySQL 5.1.; do I need InnoDB tables if using versioning?

kind regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255411#4255411

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255411