[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: Exeception Handeling problem in JBPM

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 16 05:14:23 EDT 2009

You initial assumption is wrong:

anonymous wrote : In my JBPM approval process, I have a requirement that, if at any point of time JBPM exception happens during the process work flow., the control should delegate to a separate TaskNode called Admin node,

Because as you state yourself, this contradicts the documentation:

anonymous wrote : Note that the exception handling mechanism of jBPM is not completely similar to the java exception handling. In
  | java, a caught exception can have an influence on the control flow. In the case of jBPM, control flow cannot be
  | changed by the jBPM exception handling mechanism.

So think out of the box. A JbpmException should be handled by the delegationclass in which it occurs. What you can try (never did this, only did escalation with timers) is to raise an event, catch this event in your task and in the delegationclass in the eventhandler move the *token* to the corresponding node and move it back to the originating task when the admin task should be ended.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255473#4255473

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255473