[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Scaling of a Seam app

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 16 11:09:08 EDT 2009

1) None that I know of. You'll have to roll your own load tests.

2) Hmm, "setting 2 and versioning" was not the kind of answer I expected, are these Hibernate terms? I was wanting to know what isolation level was mentioned in *-ds.xml, which would be something like TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED.

3) Oh, you are using MySQL - now the 15 connections rings a bell! In a default installation (at least on Windows, don't have access to my Linux box just now), MySQL allows a max of 15 connections. Edit the max_connections value in the mysql config file.

Also, have you checked with mysql as to how many connections are in use, and use the jmx console to see how many connections JBoss AS has established?

5) I always use InnoDB - it is the only data engine that provides ACID properties. The myisam engine requires the entire table to be locked to ensure transactional writes (or at least that is my understanding). myisam is great if you will load the database with data in a batch operation and from then on will only read the data. For anything else use innodb.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255571#4255571

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255571