[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - JBoss High CPU Load

KaushalPanjwani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 17 08:47:55 EDT 2009

Hello Everybody,

More often now we are facing a high CPU usage for our jboss4.0.5 application.
On analyzing the ThreadDump and ThreadCpuUtilization I see that maximum CPU is consumed by JMS SessionPool Worker Threads and they are all in Timed_WAITING state.

  | java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
  |
  | EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.SynchronousChannel.poll(SynchronousChannel.java:353)
  |
  | EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor.getTask(PooledExecutor.java:723)
  |
  | org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSessionPool$MyPooledExecutor.getTask(StdServerSessionPool.java:376)
  |
  | EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:747)
  |
  | java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

If we consider the number of threads the majority is working on storing Hibernate's second level cahed objects.

  | java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
  |
  | net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore.spoolThreadMain(DiskStore.java:556)
  |
  | net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore.access$600(DiskStore.java:59)
  |
  | net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore$SpoolThread.run(DiskStore.java:990)

Please let me know how do I move forward, we use JBoss MQ for messaging. I can post the complete ThreadDumps, but I did not see an option to attach files.

Thanks in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255736#4255736

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255736