[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools Users] - k..it is a bug and the workaround I found....

deanhiller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 18 11:08:36 EDT 2009

Well, it turns out, on my one project, I had the "Server Modules without Publishing" checked.  Once I unchecked that, that project also gets redeployed every time I touch any class file.  the class files timestamp changes but the web.xml timestamp never changes and is never touched and this causes a redeploy.

I am very confused.  I distinctly recall, you had ot touch the web.xml file to cause a redeploy in tomcat but that is not what I am seeing at this instant.

I don't like how JBoss tools or WTP modifies my tomcat config files!!!  Somehow the MyEclipse developers figured out a way to pass stuff in on the command line and re-use the same tomcat instance I use.  That rocked because then I could go run ./catalina.sh run after I deployed with eclipse and debug eclipse deployment problems where eclipse was not deploying a file I needed or something.  It was very nice feature.  Should I add a feature request there?

Well, the work around is to check "Server Modules without Publishing" but I don't like doing that.

OH, another feature I LOVE in myeclipse is checking the "Merge all dependent projects into the WEB-INF/classes folder" as this allows me to publish everything and still do hot swap on the dependent projects.  I loved that feature....can I request that one as well?

Are you not seeing constant redeployment in tomcat when you change a java file???

thanks,
Dean

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255952#4255952

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255952