[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - Re: Easiest way to bind IBM WS MQ hosted 'Queue' to name in

ben.cotton@rutgers.edu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 21 14:37:31 EDT 2009

FYI, I have a reasonably manageable workaround (though not ideal).

When I code the exact same .lookup()  logic from a JBoss-deployed servlet (instead of from an external  app), everything works perfectly.  This is obviously because the internal InitialContext construction needs no Context.XXX properties set.

  |                 InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(); // no Context.XXX props!!  Now everything works via JCA!
  |
  |     		javax.jms.ConnectionFactory cf = (javax.jms.ConnectionFactory) ic.lookup("IVTCF");
  |     		// confirm that we found the CF
  |     		log.info("'IVTCF' javax.jms.ConnectionFactory found: [" + cf + "]");
  |     		// get the queue
  |     		Queue q = (Queue) ic.lookup("IVTQueue");
  |     		// confirm that we found the queue
  |     		log.info("'IVTQueue' javax.jms.Queue found: [" + q +"]");

Now the 'cf' value is NON-NULL and I can indeed publish to an IBM WS MQ destination from a JBoss component just by looking up a Resource-->ConnectionFactory ... and then relying on the JCA resource adapter to transparently manage all the messaging plumbing.  :-)

I still can't do this from an external stand-alone application that parameterizes its JBoss InitialContext() construction with Properties, but I'll live with that for now (or maybe post the issue to a JNDI focused forum).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256242#4256242

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256242