[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - Re: how to lock a node for update?

alllle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 21 19:47:20 EDT 2009

I read a post in this forum showing that with READ_COMMITTED, the following may occur:

1. tx1 and tx2 both read node value 10
2. tx1 set the value to (value+1), which is 11
3. tx2 set the value to (value+1), which is also 11, while the desired behavior is 12, and there is no exception thrown since write skew is not checked

I couldn't figure out a reliable way of incrementing a shared value without possible starvation. I would think this is a common use case, but I couldn't find a solution with the provided JBC API.

Any help is appreciated,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256282#4256282

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256282