[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - JBoss Messaging 1.4.4.GA + JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA Compatibility

jbo_jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 22 10:13:28 EDT 2009

I am seeking clarification that JBoss Messaging 1.4.4.GA and JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA are fully compatible and that client failover is fully operational with this combination.

I have a two node JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA cluster configured in accordance with the instructions in the JBoss Messaging 1.4.4.GA user guide.  I also have an external Tomcat web server acting as a JMS client, also configured in accordance with the JBoss Messaging 1.4.4.GA user guide and using a copy of the jbossall-client.jar with the remoting classes stripped out to resolve the classpath ordering conflict that might otherwise occur.

The ConnectionFactory on the server that the client connects to is configured with both SupportsFailover and SupportsLoadBalancing set to true.

I believe I have everything configured correctly however I am not getting reliable failover behaviour.

So in the first instance I would be interested if anyone can confirm that they have this combination of versions working including transparent client failover.  If so, we could then compare exact details to see what I might be getting wrong.

Thanks, James.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256407#4256407

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256407