[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - maxThreads/ThreadPool configuration

njrfrens do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 23 07:34:20 EDT 2009

I'm little confused with the following 2 parameters
1. <Connector port="8443" maxThreads="500" in server\default\deploy\jboss-web.deployer\server.xml

2.
	JBoss System Threads
	10
  in \server\default\conf\jboss-service.xml

First one is referring to the max no. of HTTP threads that the server handle
How the MaximumPoolSize is related to this one?

My application has to handle 500 concurrent requests.
My application is running on a server with 2GB RAM. My JBoss version is 4.2.3.
I've used the below configuration:
1. maxThreads="500" in HTTPConnector
2. MaximumPoolSize is 10 in jboss-service.xml
3. max-pool-size = 60 in mssql-ds.xml

Is there any issue in my configuration?

When I'm running load test
With <200 users, application is running fine
Beyond 200 users, I'm getting the errors "Peer shut down incorrectly" and
"500 Internal Server error"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256609#4256609

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256609