[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - Re: Invalidation-only cache

adamw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 24 02:56:04 EDT 2009

Hello,
well, from what I've seen in CacheHelper Hibernate is simply calling get() and put(). However in my case this doesn't work, as I run the cache in INVALIDATION_SYNC mode. This means that when I call put() on node1, an invalidation message is sent to other nodes. Then, when node 2 wants to retrieve the object, it sees that there's no value, so it calculates the value and calls put(), which invalidates the node on node1, and so on. In fact, what I would need are three operations: invalidation of a node in a cluster, local-get and local-put (without invalidating).

Using cacheloader (well, I admin, hacking around it ;) ) allowed me to get a local-put. Maybe I'll see what the CL are doing behind the scenes :)

Adam

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256778#4256778

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256778