[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools Users] - Re: Jboss Tools for Seam

allforjava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 24 03:21:55 EDT 2009

Thank you Max, for the reply.

anonymous wrote : We support both generation from database and entities.

  | If you by selective mean generate from a subset of the current entities then that is not available yet.

I meant generation of only entities/components without their views. Did you meant the same?
a. To restrict only view generation for some components/Entities. Instead of deleting each time.
b. Where I need only reflect modification in entities/components.
c. For SQL2000 when selecting the subset [new/modified tables] the system tables are also picked-up.
d. Further page.xml are not generated for the components.

anonymous wrote : You mean only generate list and not home/edit and vice versa ?
  | No - what is your usecase if you have the feature from above ?

No. It needs an elaboration. Jboss Tools the options are available to create new Seam Entity/Action/Form.
However there is no option to use existing entity/component to create the view. If wrong please correct.

3. I was expecting as seam-modules for seam-project, similary as NetBeans has modules for java projects. However, how I need to proceed.

Need: The way I do/work is, create an Entity with required mappings/associations. Forward engg with hibernate to create tables.
	And now expecting to generate only views with exisitng Entities/Components.
Problem: If I use the 'seam-gen' the mappings/associations are modified to defaults.
Benefits: No need to bother about database related data-types, fiddle with relationships. All need to take is how my Entity should be
	and required views for it.
If there is a alternate way to do this using exisitng option, please guide. Thank you for your patience.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256784#4256784

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256784