[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - Re: how to lock a node for update?

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 24 05:37:37 EDT 2009

"alllle" wrote :
  | I assume you are referring to some thing like this (from the doc):
  | // SNIP

Yes.

"alllle" wrote :
  | I wonder if you can explain it in a little more detail. I need some clarification to my confusions:
  | - when is the lock obtained? is it, like the write lock, at the time when the transaction commits or it is at the time when the read happens?

When the read happens.

"alllle" wrote :
  | - What is considered as a "read"? I mean, does cache.getNode() considered a "read", or only when I do a subsequent node.get("key") is when the lock obtained?

cache.getNode() is a read.

"alllle" wrote :
  | - With "REPEATABLE_READ" isolation, is the "write skew" still a problem? - I think it's not but I'd like to get a confirmation from you.

Write skews are *only* a problem with R_R.  See the discussion in the user guide for details.

"alllle" wrote :
  | - What is the scope of the current "InvocationContext"? Is it within the current transaction, or current thread, or something else?

Invocation contexts last for, well, an invocation!  :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256831#4256831

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256831