[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools Users] - Re: Jboss Tools for Seam

allforjava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 24 06:11:26 EDT 2009

Thank you Akazakov, for the ticket in JIRA.

And Max, Thank you for speedy reply.

anonymous wrote : I don't understand what you mean by "seam-modules for seam-project" ?   Here, an example might clarify the details.

1. What I concluded/assumed that most of the web-application needs:
     a. Authentication+Authorization=Security
     b. Mail service
     c. Forum/Blog

So whenever I create a new Seam Project. I need to copy the related code (from already developed seam project) and deploy as single war file to run.

Instead I'm expecting that these service/feature are to provided as pluggable modules for a seam project.
Which can be modified, built, deployed and tested independently of other modules. Once these/modules are running can interact or been used by other modules or core project.

So is there any support from Jboss Tools for Eclipse IDE, to build projects modularly that are pluggable. Regret any inconveninet use of terminologies-modular/seam-module/seam-project.

2. Please confirm whether my approach is the right. The way I do/work is, create an Entity with required mappings/associations. Forward engg with hibernate to create tables. And now expecting to generate only views with exisitng Entities/Components. The problem, if I use the 'seam-gen' to generate views
the mappings/associations are modified to defaults. Which I dont want.

anonymous wrote : I don't understand what you mean here. What system tables are being picked up ? We only pick that up if you have not limited the generation to a specific schema (that aren't the system one ;)

3. The schema for system tables and my tables is 'dbo'. I guess that is creating a mess. However thank you for the details.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256836#4256836

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256836