[jboss-user] [Clustering] - Failover trouble mod_jk

jmpdesign do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 24 06:28:20 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

My environment is the following :

- Two machines Node1 and Node2 in a JBoss partition.
- On each node I have the same web application marked as distributable.

When the 2 nodes are alive, the balancing and sticky session work fine.

When I turn off one node (for example Node2) I have http 503 errors (service unavailable) during 10-15 seconds because JK always address request to this node (Node2).
After this delay JK change its redirection and address requests to Node1 and everything works.
If I take a look on JBoss Node2 during shutting down process I see this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: DistributedCacheManager is null.
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.session.ClusteredSession.establishDistri
butedCacheManager(ClusteredSession.java:1773)

I have checked jvmRoute parameters etc ..

Is anybody has an idea why I have this trouble?

Thanks,

Regards.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256839#4256839

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256839