[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - 2 JBoss Cache questions

userjboss99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 24 18:56:47 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm a relatively new user to JBoss cache, and things generally seem to work well with JBoss cache while running inside of my application server.  However, I am having 2 difficulties that I hope somebody out there can help me out with:

1) when using a JBoss cache instance in a standalone Java client outside of my JBoss application server (which running in a clustered mode), I seem to be unable to get it to join the application server cluster and have the caches talk to each other.  I want to have my Java client application invalidate the application server's cache by using the INVALIDATION_ASYNC mode.  I've started the JBoss server with the following arguments:

  | ./run.sh -c all -b 10.1.0.22 -u 228.1.2.3 -g testcluster

My Java application code creates a cache like this:

  | CacheFactory factory = DefaultCacheFactory.getInstance();
  | Configuration config = new Configuration();
  | config.setCacheMode(CacheMode.INVALIDATION_ASYNC);
  | config.setClusterName("testcluster-query");
  | jbCache = factory.createCache(config);
  | jbCache.addCacheListener(new DebugCacheListener());
  | jbCache.create();
  | jbCache.start();

If I start up 2 of my Java standalone applications, I can see that these caches do indeed talk to each other (through the use of annotations on my DebugCacheListener such as @NodeInvalidated etc.)

2) in the same situation as #1 (using a cache instance in a standalone Java application), it seems that JBoss cache is creating lots of background threads that cause my application VM not to want to exit.  Is there any way to have JBoss cache create these threads as daemon threads and not block the application VM from exiting automatically when my main() method finishes?  I would like to avoid having to put System.exit() calls in my code to force a VM exit.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256973#4256973

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256973